Sunday 31 August 2008

Is it really that long since I blogged?

With it being over a month since I made a post on this site I thought it about time I added something.

Towards the beginning of this month I spent two weeks on annual leave. The occasion was an extended family holiday to County Cork in Ireland. The weather was nice and the food was good. I came back to Birmingham at the end of it refreshed and ready to go.

The I went on the second of my two NUS training courses. This one was called Action through Advocacy and held at the University of Hertfordshire (again). Whereas the first training course I attended (Active Political Leadership) was designed for all officers these sessions were designed to be useful for education/welfare/housing sabbaticals. Accordingly me, Hollie and Oggy went. I found this training particularly useful - the apathy staicase, communication action networks, a better understanding of the Bologna process - most of which I think should be helpful to me during the coming year.

Then finally I had my first day in the office. I have now replied to a huge backlog of emails and and started planning my campaigns. Importantly I have made the resolution to keep adding to this blog regularly.

No comments: