Wednesday 4 March 2009

Student Rep forum

Today I held a forum for Student Reps. These are to facilitate ongoing support for Student Reps by allowing them to raise issue with the Vice President (Education and Access) and enabling the VPEA (me) to let them know what is going on.

Turnout was OK. Unfortunately we are not sure that all Student Reps are on our email list. If you are a Student Rep and were not notified please email studentreps@guild.bham.ac.uk

A number of issues were discussed including welfare tutors, assessment feedback and short loan library books, all of which the Guild will now be able to take action on. I hope the Student Reps found the forum useful and these exercises can be repeated again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

- how long till we get our names on the gos website?

cheers

Anonymous said...

Tom, can i actually commend you on this blog post. A little information about what is going on goes a long way.

Those ten lines or so are all that are needed to get things started and double check that everyone that should be involved is.

Something like this every couple of days, that just keeps the average student in touch is all that is needed to get the basics working.

Anonymous said...

Tom why post on your own blogs anonymously and say they are good.

Self indulgent.

Anonymous said...

That wasn't Tom, it was me, i don't feel Tom should have to defend himself against a comment i made and meant.

David

Anonymous said...

I think my blogs are amazing - so amazing it hurts me.

Tom Marley said...

ha ha ha, that last comment wasn't me!

And for the record I don't comment anonymously on my blog, that would just be sad!